The fiveArea Agencies on Aging(AAAs) in CT are private, not-for-profit corporations established in CT in 1974 to provide leadership and resources to meet the needs of the rapidly growing elderly population. The CT Association of Area Agencies on Aging (C4A) is a professional affiliation comprised of all five AAAs.
Announcing the 2012 Older Americans' Month Essay Winner & Runner- Up
Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) are a funding source for the Older Americans Act and other federal and state dollars. Ask us about the community services we fund.
AAAs research and evaluate elderly issues, and offer community education to senior adults, caregivers, students and the community at large. We have extensive information on the needs of seniors as well as the services that can meet those needs.
Area Agencies on Aging administer programs and services for frail elderly and caregivers.
1. Statewide Respite Care Program
2. National Family Caregiver Support Program
3. CHOICES Program (Information and Assistance)
4. CT Home Care Program for Elders (SWCAA and AASCC only)
5. Aging Resource Centers
6. Private care management is provided by some AAAs